Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service law firm that has been in existence for over 30 years. Whose clients range from local and multinational companies, banks, oil and gas companies, manufacturing conglomerates, shipping companies to foreign embassies, international airlines, regulatory bodies, chambers of commerce, telecommunication companies, and many others is looking to hire a CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAWYER.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
Location: Ikoyi Lagos State, Nigeria.
Reports to: CEO.
Remuneration: Open to Negotiation
• Advising, drafting, and negotiating major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
• Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns, and devising strategies to resolve them.
• Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
• Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
• Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
• Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
• Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before the deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
• Ensuring all documentation prepared is error-proof, grammatically and in other respect, and to this end, at least one other team member must double-check prepared processes for accuracy.
• Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to the team.
• Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
• Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
• Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• A good academic qualification with at least a second class upper degree from a recognized university and the Nigerian Law School. Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
• 10+ years active transactional experience and capable of drafting and negotiating complex commercial Agreements such as Gas Plant Agreements, Share Sale and Purchase Agreements, Loan and Banking Agreements. Power Purchase Agreements, Concession Agreements, and all other related commercial Agreements.
• Must have worked in the commercial department of a top commercial law firm.
• Must have experience in capital market transactions and experience in drafting related documentation.
• Conversant with preparing documents for capital market transactions e.g. legal documents for capital market transactions.
• Team-working ability.
• Ability to meet up with deadlines.
• Ability to work without supervision
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role ‘Corporate and Commercial Lawyer’ as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
31st July 2020.