Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a multi-national company, specializing in alternative energy, particularly the design, financing and distribution of solar-powered home energy products with presence in Africa and Asia, and products that serves an estimated 53 million people across 35 countries; is looking to hire an Area Business Manager.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Area Business Manager
Location: Abuja (Gwagwalada), Edo (Auchi) and Jigawa (Hadejia).
Reports to: Regional Business Managers.
The Area Business Manager will lead sales, collections and distribution of operations in the area they are assigned for through a network of agents called “Energy Officer”. This product allows customers to purchase units by paying for their solar products in small installments, thus ensuring they are extremely affordable for off-grid or rural customers.
The Area Business Manager is ultimately accountable for generating sales, ensuring collections are timely and accurate and keeping the entire direct distribution growing rapidly in a sustainable manner.
• Hire & retain Energy Officers: Hire, train and maintain a team of at least 40 active Energy Officers in the area. Use multiple avenues for finding the right talent to sell products.
• Training of Energy Officers: Provide training to the Energy Officers on several aspects of the business such as sales, collections, product, technical, inventory, and logistics related. Ensure that they are fully supported and lead in the best professional manner demonstrating the highest levels of integrity, ethics, and professionalism while dealing with customers.
• Provide role clarity to Energy Officers: Provide complete clarity to Energy Officers related to their day to day tasks, sales & collections plans, routes and targets. This includes, ensuring Energy Officers have a pre-agreed sales route/area to sell in, they understand how to demonstrate and sell products, they have the confidence to be able to present and resolve basic customer queries on the spot and they have access to Area Business Manager at all times in case of questions and concerns.
• Daily field visits: Have a weekly touch point with every Energy Officer in your area – either through in-person meetings, making a sale to the customer in your area or having a call. Resolve all possible issues faced by the Energy Officers and report them to your Regional Business Manager, every week.
• Work with Energy Officers: Conduct joint fieldwork with a group of Energy Officers to provide sales and collection training on a weekly basis and drive EO engagement. This includes doing night activations, market activations, visiting local communities and gatherings such as SACCOs, Self Help groups, retail centers, and markets to make group sales.
• Drive robust field sales processes: Review collection progress with your Energy Officers daily and provide adequate training to them on driving better collections in your areas. This includes customer and area profiling, ensuring regular and timely collection follow-ups, resolving customer issues to ensure they make payments.
• Control Marketing & Other Support spend: Provide adequate marketing support & equipment (such as smartphones) necessary to all your Energy Officers. Ensure maximum return on investment in areas of marketing, supply chain, store maintenance and smartphone issuance.
• Review meetings with Energy Officers: Conduct weekly table meetings with Energy Officers to resolve any outstanding customers or EO issues. Coordinate, plan and organize the meeting to have maximum attendance and progress. Recognize outstanding performers from time to time and ensure the motivation of Energy Officers is maintained at all-times.
• Grow Retail presence: Ensure the retail network in your Area grows with the help of an Area Retail Coordinator, hired under you. Ensure all retail-related activities are followed per process and the base of high-selling retailers grows exponentially within your area of operation.
• A degree in a Business-related field or equivalent and at least 3 years of hands-on experience in field sales.
• Excellent computer knowledge with comprehensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Extensive Customer Care experience
• High innovative skills, thinking out of the box, tests out opinions, cost-conscious
• Excellently skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, maximizing value and able to see the big picture
• Develop trust, skillfully builds relations, works on internal & external relationships
• Listens well, coaches’ others and is disciplined in their learning practice
• Operational excellence (keeps promise, decisive, seeks to be informed and gives excellent customer satisfaction
• Familiar with the town or city in which the job is located
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested Candidate should send their CV using the Job title ‘Area Business Manager’ and state to email@example.com.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
30th August, 2021.
Leave a comment