Pivotage Consulting – Our Client, a FinTech company with presence in the United States and the United Kingdom and newly launching its products in Nigeria is looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst with strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights.
The candidate must have the technical prowess to build tools which will automate lending decisions and develop reporting dashboards that will be helpful in effectively overseeing the business.
With a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and mathematics to solve problems and find areas of potential growth, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the company’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT), supporting management and stakeholders in understanding how growth initiatives and decisions are performing.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of data scientists;
- Have responsibility for the company’s data science strategy;
- Establish new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data;
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies;
- Represent the company at external events and conferences;
- Build and develop relationships with clients;
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making;
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation;
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems;
Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project;
Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results;
Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business;
Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods;
Horizon scan to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods;
Conduct research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts;
Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation (for example in the collections and marketing departments); and
Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive experience with data warehouse reporting systems using Power BI report writing.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Strong mathematical skills, with the ability to organize, analyze and disseminate large volumes of data with a high focus on attention to detail and accuracy. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills
- Solid MSSQL experience:
- 2016 or above
- Tabular model cubes / DAX language
- An analytical mind set.
- Data modelling.
- Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Relevant work experience, with a focus on business analysis.
- Experience in working within the financial industry.
- Able to manage a body of work with shifting priorities.
- Professional curiosity.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Senior Data Analyst as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
October 19, 2021.