PIVOTAGE CONSULTING – Our client, a full service commercial and litigation law firm located in Lagos requires the skills of an experienced Legal Content Writer, an individual with exceptional social media strategic skills who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team.
Job Title: Legal Associate/Content Writer
Type: Full Time
Experience: Five (5) years of working experience
Reporting to: Practice Partner
The primary responsibility is to create materials for the website and other social media platforms while adhering to specific guides and requirements of the Firm. You are also assigned the task of keeping the website as well as all social media platforms engaging and interactive through search engine optimization.
- Develop high quality content that is targeted, useful and up-to-date on the latest legal developments
- Increase the Firm’s web traffic and quality client inquiries via SEO thereby keeping it engaging and interactive across all platforms.
- Assist the Firm to better educate and connect to the audience and ultimately differentiate the Firm from competitors
- Promote content on social media and identify audience needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics. Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Provide valuable substantive information designed to address concerns/questions of prospective clients
- Collaborate with colleagues to complete projects and constantly give feedback on on-going projects to your line manager.
- Proactively work to maintain up-to-date knowledge of current best practices, legal requirements, procedures, solutions, and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to firm’s overall objective by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, as well as exploring opportunities to add value.
- Carry out duties given by the Fee Earners and superiors faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- To make appropriate/constructive recommendations for service improvement and participate in the growth and development of the departments/firm.
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients
- To work with others to develop the business development department with a view to ensuring the department can spot, identify and follow through business development opportunities
- Good self-awareness to identify areas for personal development and seek to address them proactively.
- Participate in team/firm meetings.
- Attend internal and external training to update job knowledge and reading professional publications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- LLB undergraduate degree;
- At least five (5) years working experience.
- Possess a general knowledge of legal content writing, use of SEO. Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a law firm.
- Proficient in the use of IT particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) SEO and willing to learn new packages.
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute.
- Demonstrate proficiency in content management systems. Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm.
- Ability to be web-friendly, develop engaging contents that integrates videos, photos, graphics and text.
- First-rate communication skills – both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the firm.
- Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Legal Associate/Content Writer as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
5th November, 2021.