PIVOTAGE CONSULTING – Our client, a full service commercial and litigation law firm located in Lagos requires the skills of an experienced Business Development Manager, an individual with strong work ethics and genuine interest in working for a law firm.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Seven (7) years’ work experience. Must have worked in a Law Firm.
Reporting to: Practice Partner
The primary responsibility is to increase visibility and brand recognition to strengthen and extend the firm’s client base and expand existing client relationships. You will be responsible for the management of all aspects of business development and marketing initiatives within the firm.
The successful applicant will be concerned with improving and growing the business, by fostering and developing relationships with clients through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets or enhancing the operation of the business, position, and reputation.
- Provide strategic direction regarding all marketing, business development and communications activities.
- Develop the marketing and business development components of the practice areas annual business plan.
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for our practice areas and its practitioners.
- Formulate relevant business development budgets and management of the budget to ensure appropriate expenditure and that the firm receives suitable return on that investment. Identify, grow and nurture major sales opportunities in the mid-enterprise space
- Team with Fee Earners to market the services and expertise of the practice units through the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities.
- Team with other members of the team to draft press releases, pitch story ideas and provide spokespeople to reporters as appropriate, track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Work with Practice Partner and business development team to conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback and assist in improving client service.
- Have a good understanding of the firm’s services and be able to advise others about them.
- Train members of your team, arranging internal and external training where appropriate.
- Effectively delegate work to other BD team members and interns; and supervise the work effectively.
- Promote teamwork and develop strong relationships with team members.
- Build commercial awareness and share knowledge and relevant new information with other team members
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business development or management, or communications will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years proven track record in a marketing or business development role working in a professional services environment, financial services and must have worked in a law firm.
- M.Sc./MBA in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
- Ability to apply CRM systems.
- Tenacity and enthusiasm to drive new business initiatives and meet or exceed targets.
- Ability to think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business of the firm.
- Proficient in the use of IT particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and willing to learn new packages.
- Must be keen to innovate and be successful at formulating and implementing strategies and plans.
- First-rate communication skills – both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the firm.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Business Development Manager as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
30th November , 2021.
|Job Category||Finance/Accounting, Sales/Marketing|