Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a multi-national specializing in alternative energy, particularly in the design, financing and distribution of solar-powered home energy products with presence in Africa and Asia, and products that serves an estimated 53 million people across 35 countries; is looking to hire an Associate Finance Manager.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Associate Finance Manager
Reports to: Financial Controller, West Africa.
The Associate Finance Manager will lead the team in the generation of all periodic financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and ensure these are completed in time as per schedule.
The Associate Finance Manager is ultimately responsible for building processes and controls: develop, implement and establish procedures to improve financial business planning by ensuring proper business accounting, review of existing processes employed for critical activities, identify gaps and build improvements.
- Financial Reporting, Audit, and Cash flow management
- Maintain, reconcile and analyze financial and accounting transactions/statements and ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with the company’s rules and accounting regulations accordance with local ICPAU.
- Lead the team in generation of all periodic financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and ensure these are completed in time as per schedule.
- Supervise the finance team in closing all periodic accounting activities and processes, research and review submissions to ensure accurate reporting.
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits, discuss and close all audit queries and gaps raised whilst ensuring process improvement.
- Accounts receivables & reconciliation: Monitor partners’ accounts and follow up with the Key Account Managers to ensure effective collection.
- Accounts payable and expense reimbursements. Implement operational procedures to ensure that payments are made and received in a timely manner as per agreed TAT.
- Funds Management. Ensure availability of sufficient funds in all bank accounts to meet all payments for the next 2 months period.
- MIS Analytics: Analyze monthly postings against MIS report and close observable gaps.
- Compliance Matters and Processes/ Controls
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all its underlying processes, ensuring timely remission with adherence to statutory timelines and accurate account reconciliation.
- Building processes and controls: Develop, implement and establish procedures to improve financial business planning by ensuring proper business accounting, review of existing processes employed for critical activities, identify gaps and build improvements.
- Be the lead for all transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes.
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Ensure all local secretarial compliances including returns are accurate and filed on time, preparation of various contracts and proposals in the same regard.
- Business Partnering and Relationships.
Cultivate and maintain productive relationship with Auditors, Banking, Secretarial Services, Vendors, Customers and other Business stakeholders.
- Team Management:
Continuously build, develop and lead the team whilst ensuring a harmonious and exciting work culture
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting or Finance/ACCA / CPA qualification from a recognized institution with 5-6 years of relevant work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices preferably with an audit firm or Multinational corporation
- An eye for detail, excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, maintain and generate different accounting and financial records
- Excellent leadership skills to lead a team of professionals, planning and organization skills, ability to multitask & drive team collaboration.
- Clear thinking/problem solving ability- can lead projects/process improvement within operations/finance function and drive positive change
- The ability to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written: Fluency in both written and spoken English language
- Excellent proficiency in use of computer applications such as MS office packages and related accounting systems
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role title – Associate, Finance Manager as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (All CVs must be in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
17th December 2021