PIVOTAGE CONSULTING- Our client; a non-profit organization, whose aim is to build a forum that effectively represents its members’ interests within Nigeria as well as establish mutually beneficial relations amongst similar organizations across the continent, is looking to engage an experienced and result driven Accountant/ Administrative Officer.
Job Title: Accountant/Administrative Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
The Accountant/Administrative Officer will be responsible for the management of the organization’s day-to-day financial and administrative processes as well as its facility management.
This role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including scheduling, handling payroll and accounting activities, receiving and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general clerical duties. Administrative officers may also be responsible for event planning and organization, as well as serving as a first contact for all enquiries.
- As an Accountant
- Auditing and approving payment vouchers and petty cash postings.
- Responsible for raising invoices and receipts on power enterprise.
- Ensuring taxes are properly charged and recorded for all transactions.
- Ensuring all statutory remittances are correctly computed and remitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for computing taxes and prepare tax returns like VAT, WHT, PAYE, Petty cash and Pension.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and provision of updates on budget implementation.
- Responsible for verifying Payroll computation for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for reconciliation of bank statements.
- Ensuring all financial documents are properly filed.
- Preparation of Management Accounts and other relevant reports.
- Ensuring all relevant files and documents are readily available for seamless and efficient external audit.
- As an Administrator
- Responsible for organizing and managing schedules for all staff, managers, and council.
- Receiving and processing communication channels, including email, phone, and physical mail
- Responsible for the payroll management as well as all personnel databases.
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed.
- Creating reports and memos for all staff and top-executive officers as and when needed.
- Responsible for the planning, organization and coordination of all events.
- Responsible for taking minutes of meetings and develop the minutes in a timely manner when required.
- Maintain and update company databases as and when necessary.
- Prepare regular reports for discussions at weekly meetings i.e. updates on repairs, orders of office supplies, etc.
- Oversee office running budget while maintaining a professional image of the organization at all times.
- Responsible for the management of the organization’s filing system which includes organizing, updating all files when required as well as the safe keeping of all files.
- Facility Management
- Responsible for the management of all facilities of the organization which includes but not limited to maintenance, repairs and supplies.
- Ordering and management of office supplies by researching new deals and suppliers.
- Responsible for the development of work plans for the allocation of office spaces within the organization’s premises.
- Inspecting organization’s facility to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Responsible for managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor’s degree Accounting or Business Administration
- A minimum of four (4) years’ working experience as an Accountant/ Administrative Officer.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP software.
- Must possess relevant professional certifications in Accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to coordinate several projects to a successful completion with little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to think strategically and be creative in carrying out assigned task.
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role title Accountant/ Administrative Officer as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
20th December, 2021.
|Job Category||Finance/Accounting, HR/Admin|
Leave a comment