Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service law firm which has been in existence for over 30 years. Whose clients range from local and multinational companies, banks, oil and gas companies, manufacturing conglomerates, shipping companies to foreign embassies, international airlines, regulatory bodies, chambers of commerce, telecommunication companies and many others is looking to engage an experienced and result driven Litigation Lawyer.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Litigation Lawyer
Years of Experience: 10+
Remuneration: Open to Negotiation.
- Evaluating findings and developing strategies and arguments in preparation and presentation of cases.
- Gathering evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Examining legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Overseeing and managing product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance.
- Developing and executing litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluating and managing pre-litigation disputes.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A good academic qualification with at least a second-class upper degree from a recognized university and the Nigerian Law School. Relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years active experience in litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Ability to handle complex litigation cases, such as trials at the State and Federal High Courts, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court and confirmation on the number of cases concluded or appeals argued.
- Strong legal ability, a practical commercial approach and excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Ability to work without any supervision.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role ‘Litigation Lawyer’ as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
20th December, 2021