Pivotage Consulting -Our client, a full-service law firm that has been in existence for over 30 years and is known for effectively catering to the legal needs of its clientele by providing specialized legal solutions to various legal issues is looking to engage an experienced and result-driven Litigation and Corporate Lawyer
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Litigation and Corporate Lawyer
Years of Experience: 10+
Remuneration: Open to Negotiation.
- Evaluating findings and developing strategies and arguments in preparation and presentation of cases.
- Gathering evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Examining legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns, and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures, Corporate Restructuring, Management buyouts, and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before the deadline to enable adequate review before filing
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error-proof, grammatically and in other respect, and to this end, at least one other team member must double-check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to the team.
Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Overseeing and managing Corporate liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance.
- Developing and executing Corporate litigation strategy, managing discovery obligations, managing outside counsel, determining proper case disposition, and monitoring Corporate litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluating and managing Corporate disputes.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A good academic qualification with at least a second-class upper degree from a recognized university and the Nigerian Law School. Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10+ years active experience in Litigation and Corporate law
- Ability to handle complex litigation and corporate cases, such as trials at the State and Federal High Courts, Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court and confirmation on the number of cases concluded or appeals argued.
- Strong legal ability, a practical commercial approach, and excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Strong Negotiation Skill
- Legal Research Skill
- Ability to work without any supervision.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role title – Litigation and Corporate Lawyer as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (All CVs must be in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
30th January, 2021