Research & Development Officer
Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a mid-level position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
The BANK DIRECTORS’ ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (BDAN) was established at the 13th Annual Bank Directors Seminar held in Abuja in June 1997 under the auspices of the industry regulators, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) with high-level support from FITC. We are a non-profit making organisation, limited by guarantee which was set up to be an effective forum for representing the interests of Bank Directors in Nigeria. BDAN seeks to promote sustainable banking best practices within Banks in Nigeria and collaborate with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to ensure the public’s interest.
BDAN’s current Research and Development objective is to stay informed on current issues in the Banking & Financial services sector to strive towards deepening and enlightening members on best practices in the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- The Research and Development Officer is responsible for obtaining new knowledge that the Association might use to create new products, services, technology, systems, information etc.; that it will either use to achieve its objectives or sell to add to the Association’s bottom line.
- He/She will lead the research of Members’ needs to develop new and improved programs and ideas that will add value to the members of the Association.
- This role requires overseeing the entire development process of new products and programs within the Association, from the initial planning phase to implementation or production.
- He/She should be a strategic and creative thinker who shows excellent problem-solving and communication skills, can network effectively and stays abreast of the most advanced R&D strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead key projects with R&D to support business goals
- Establish project goals and priorities by working with the Executive Secretary
- Understand Members’ needs and research projects incorporating current developments in all communications and programmes designed for Members.
- Design metrics to ensure the R&D unit’s goals are met.
- Carryout periodic survey, analyse results and provide recommendation based on findings to the Executive Secretary and/or Board.
- Research, design and evaluate materials required in the development of the Association’s magazine, newsletters and other communication materials.
- Responsible for using analysis to identify new ideas and strategies to be developed, as well as those that require improvement that will enhance the generation of revenue for the Association.
- Document all phases of research and development.
- Be present at industry events periodically to stay updated
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking & Finance or any business or management related discipline. A Post-Graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four – five (4-5) years’ working experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data analysis tools.
- Analyse and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and good at managing time.
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team.
- Good business sense and an inquisitive mind
Note: The field in which you got your degree could be general like human resources, finance, or management. A bachelor’s degree may also be acceptable if the candidate has experience working within the industry of relevance or general R&D experience.
Method of Application
Using the job title – Research & Development Officer as email subject, qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover Letter to email@example.com; AND firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday February 11, 2022