Vice President, Public Policy and Government Relations
Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
Our Client, the world’s largest off-grid solar energy company with presence in Africa and Asia and with products that serve an estimated 53million people across 35 countries is seeking to appoint a Vice President, Public Policy and Government Relations.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
Engaging with governments, industry, and multilateral development banks to guide public policies and support programs that influence the expansion of off-grid solar energy in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
You will advise governments and partners on global energy policies, drive development through innovation to impact the lives of a billion under-served consumers and shape the global energy transition to clean energy.
- Understand, prepare for, and influence regulation:
- Build a detailed understanding of potential changes in regulation that will impact sales and end-consumer-financing of off-grid solar products.
- Analyze market barriers and deficiencies that slow market development.
- Help design policies and regulation that provide an enabling environment.
- Engage with governments, multilateral development banks, and other stakeholders:
- To optimize subsidy programs (typically results-based-financing grant programs designed as supply- or demand-side subsidies) to contribute to the sustainability, clarity, transparency, efficiency and flexibility of these programs.
- To develop enabling policies and support programs that help reduce CO2 emissions, drive financial inclusion, support quality standards, and improve consumer awareness to accelerate energy access (SDG7) and the transition to clean energy (SDG13).
- Regularly meet with public policymakers (at government energy agencies and in development finance institutions), especially across sub-Saharan Africa including Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Mozambique.
- Attend public policy events.
- Contribute to the company’s thought leadership in the global off-grid industry by developing strategies and creating consistent content (in collaboration with the internal communications team) that leverages the company’s expertise and ability to innovate for energy access.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 10+ years of experience in related fields, impacting public policy in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or development/multilateral financing, with a wide network and familiarity with practical engagement in these organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience leading conversations with government officials and development-finance institutions / multilateral development banks.
- Commercial orientation, ideally including experience working in industry, understanding commercial plans and predicting the future needs of business with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong strategic mindset with a proactive attitude while demonstrating cultural and political sensitivity.
- A four-year or advanced degree (preferred) in a related field.
The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate a high competence level, drive and passion about the opportunity to bring affordable, clean energy to homes in Africa and Asia.
Our Client values diversity and believes in equal opportunity for all people: There will be no discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, or disability.
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
If you think this opportunity could be right for you, please contact the undersigned for a private discussion.
Mr. Ayodele Ayodele Jnr. Ms. Ruth Aluko
+234 901 122 1364 +234 909 999 6734
Email: email@example.com Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a comment