Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a multi-national specializing in alternative energy, particularly in the design, financing and distribution of solar-powered home energy products with presence in Africa and Asia, and products that serves an estimated 53 million people across 35 countries; is looking to hire a seasoned Finance Associate.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Finance Associate
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Reports to: Financial Controller, Nigeria.
The Finance Associate will work closely with the finance team in Nigeria and West Africa to ensure the organisation has adequate human capacity to cater for the financial books and record (account payables and receivables) in the region.
- Receive and process all purchase orders, invoices, expense forms, and request for payments.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of bank accounts.
- Responsible for charging expenses to accounts and cost centres by analysing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Responsible for maintaining filing systems of all vouchers, accounting and finance documents in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Responsible for scheduling and preparing payments on the payment tracker.
- Provide support to finance controller in bridging communication gaps with West African business.
- Maintain fixed assets register and prepayment schedule.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and adjustment of accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Responsible for verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Conducts reimbursements for staff expenses; verifying documentation.
- Assist in the processing & filing of VAT returns as well as reconciliation of the same.
- Protect organisation’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish accounting and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Have a degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field. ACA/ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Possess minimum of 3 years’ post NYSC and hands on experience.
- Must be fluent in French language (oral and written).
- Must be computer literate; proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong analytical, problem- solving, organising, prioritising and communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in data entry and management with an effective information management skill.
- Must be an excellent team-player, teachable, confidential, honest and of high integrity.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Using the role title – Finance Associate as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (All CVs must be in MS Word format only).
10th June 2022
Leave a comment