Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
Our Client, a reputable investment company with specialization in creating impact within various sectors through its subsidiaries, towards unlocking value across emerging and frontier markets while offering strategic investment solutions to its stakeholders is seeking to appoint an Executive Director.
Reporting to the Board, you will be responsible for:
- Examining the African business environment for relevant business opportunities, while putting in place market intelligence strategy for deal origination.
- Presenting perceived opportunities to MD/CEO and Board (where necessary) for directions and advice.
- Initiating deal book, proposals, information memorandum and other marketing pitches with the aim of winning a mandate and securing business mandates towards meeting the company’s budget.
- Develop business strategy and execution plans across sectors for origination.
- Review client documentation to make a business case for the transaction. This involves analysis to support the proposed funding structure, risk analysis, SWOT analysis etc.
- Formulate appropriate transaction structure for deal execution and generate workable roadmap for the transaction execution.
- Lead the Preparation Teasers/Papers on the client’s industry to better aid management’s decision making and advise on the direction to pursue.
- Assist in coordinating due diligence exercises (both from the buyer and seller side), and preparation of due diligence reports in respect of proposed acquisitions.
- Review and supervise preparation of financial modelling and valuation report/analysis.
- Carry out pre-assessments on prospective transactions to facilitate the in-house decision-making process.
- Vet and make observations with respect to Auditors and Accountant’s reports during the house keeping stages of the execution of Financial Advisory and Issuing House mandates.
- Provide strategic support to MD/CEO, the Board and other subsidiaries of the company.
- Lead and supervise the Preparation of information memorandum, prospectus and offer documents for filing with regulators, as well as EOI, RFPs, Deal Pitch & Call Memo
- Lead team’s preparation of budget in a timely manner and the effective management of approved budget.
- Review all periodic regulatory reports prepared by ERM before submission, follow up with compliance to ensure timely filing of periodic reports, and ensure timely filings of corporate changes with all regulators (such as SEC, FMDQ, NASD etc.).
- Co-ordinate and chair Investment Committee meetings to review and structure prospective investments, provide report on investment progress, and discuss portfolio strategy.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related fields.
- MBA from recognized institutions is highly desirable.
- Relevant professional certifications (ICAN, CFA, etc.) is required.
- 15+ years of industry experience, with at least 7-10 years being in the capital market.
- Ability to train, develop and manage large executive teams.
- Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments.
- Strong leadership ability with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding problem-solving, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
If you think this opportunity could be right for you, please contact the undersigned for a private discussion.
Mr. Ayodele Ayodele Jnr. Ms. Ruth Aluko
+234 901 122 1364 +234 909 999 6734
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email:email@example.com
Leave a comment