Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
Our Client, a reputable investment company with specialization in creating impact within various sectors through its subsidiaries, towards unlocking value across emerging and frontier markets while offering strategic investment solutions to its stakeholders is seeking to appoint a Managing Director.
Reporting to the Deputy Group Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
Leading a team of investment professionals to manage the existing Investment portfolio and grow it, while developing investment strategies across growth equity and project related investments.
Developing deep industry knowledge in target sectors – Hospitality, Financial Services, Agribusiness, FMCG, Healthcare and ICT; sourcing new transaction opportunities, managing due diligence, structuring/negotiating, and closing new deals.
Holding Board seats and working with the Private Equity team to monitor, manage, and add value to portfolio companies through exit, while fostering healthy workplace culture through mentorship and professional development.
- Lead the team that will find, structure, develop, support, and monitor portfolio investments and exit.
- Co-ordinate and chair Investment Committee meetings to review and structure prospective investments, provide report on investment progress, and discuss portfolio strategy.
- Develop and manage the Fund Advisory Committee while leading the team towards raising the ongoing =N=5b growth fund and beyond, towards positioning the company for competitive growth in the PE Industry.
- Develop and deliver a coherent set of post-investment management resources including local technical specialists, governance resources and peer-to-peer networks, that will help companies execute on their business models and grow.
- Develop a strategy to identify new sources of capital, and play an active role with investors on fundraising and financial performance of our investments.
- Develop and manage partnerships with Institutional Investors, DFIs, and other funds providers.
- Demonstrate strong investment judgement, balancing the company’s risk posture with desire for financial upside.
- Maintain relationships with co-investors, lenders, management teams, and fellow Board members; and communicate frequently with associated stakeholders
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 10+ years of successful direct private equity investing, with consideration for project finance and principal investment experience.
- B.A. or graduate degree in finance preferred
- Full direct deal cycle experience, including strategy setting, sector evaluation and investment thesis development, sourcing, structuring, performing due diligence, legal documentation, closing, portfolio management, and exits.
- Strong sourcing network and ability to cultivate new and productive relationships, especially in private equity investment circles.
- Ability to structure investments creatively using both equity, debt, and preferred equity securities.
- Strong, detailed understanding of project finance, including financing structures, tax equity structures, government incentives, and regulatory considerations
- Proven track record of Exits and also realized returns from Exits.
- Experience operating in domestic, international, and emerging market contexts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, integrity, and team work.
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
If you think this opportunity could be right for you, please contact the undersigned for a private discussion.
Mr. Ayodele Ayodele Jnr. Ms. Ruth Aluko
+234 901 122 1364 +234 909 999 6734
|Job Category||Finance/Accounting, Operations|