Head ERM, Compliance & Control
Head ERM, Compliance & Control
Pivotage Consulting has been retained to fill a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
A reputable investment company with specialization in offering strategic investment solutions to its stakeholders whilst creating impact within various sectors through its subsidiaries, towards unlocking value across emerging and frontier markets is seeking to appoint a Head ERM, Compliance & Control.
Reporting to the Group CEO, your responsibility will include:
Implementing a robust Enterprise Risk Management Framework aimed at minimizing emerging risks, and developing appropriate initiatives to effectively manage risks across Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and the Group.
-In your capacity to manage the Group Risk department, you will:
- Implement the ERM framework that will guide SBU operations in the achievement of their respective mandates.
- Ensure that proper risk management policies are formulated, updated, and implemented across the Group
- Identify, evaluate, and quantify risks in all projects, investments, and in all areas of operations as it affects the ultimate goals and performance of the enterprise. Advise and recommend to the appropriate SBU.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems in addressing the enterprise risks within the shortest reasonable time for necessary actions
- Drive compliance concerning risk reporting, ensuring SBUs submit accurate risk reports monthly.
- Implement new policies as approved by Executive Management
- Ensure staffs are conversant with ERM Staff Handbook; thereby improving the Risk Awareness & Risk Culture through the organization.
- Facilitate training on risk management for both statutory purposes and internal knowledge sharing. Training includes AML/CFT.
- Anchor Risk Management Committee meetings in line with the Group’s corporate governance framework.
- Conduct risk-based Inspection for SBUs and functional units periodically.
- Inculcate Risk Management culture among staff through training, sending out risk management journals and articles, etc.
-In your capacity to provide supervisory oversight, you will:
- Prompt rendition of Statutory Returns to Regulators (SEC, NSE, NASD, PFA..etc) as required – Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, or Annually.
- Regularly attend Chief Compliance Officers meetings with Regulators to avoid sanctions
- Escalate issues relating to Compliance infractions with Regulators (PFA, SEC, NSE…etc)
- Pre-Payment audit of ALL payment requests across the Group o Check for Authorization and Approval o Check for Approval Grid and limitation o Call for Alternative quotations (where applicable)
- Perform Market independent research and survey to ascertain the reasonableness of costs to be incurred
- Conduct periodic inspection at least once per Quarter and come up with exception reports Supervise off-site/ offices
- Write a report on exceptions/infractions to policies and procedures, and report to Management.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, five (5) of which must have been at a managerial level
- Postgraduate Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Economics, Actuarial sciences, Risk Management, or related fields.
- Professional qualification in finance
- Experience working with C-level executives and track record of influencing behaviors at a variety of levels in the organization including cross-functional leaders.
- Must be a member of a finance or risk-related professional body
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the capital market and financial services sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector
- Should demonstrate the ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects, and relationships
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
If you think this opportunity could be right for you, please contact the undersigned for a private discussion.
Mr. Ayodele Ayodele Jnr. Mrs. Oyindamola Olajide
+234 901 122 1364 +234 9012953626
Leave a comment