Our Client, a reputable tech-based Microfinance Bank, with a focus
on providing financial access to everyone by empowering individuals with access to credit and
seamless payments solutions for effective financial management in an emerging market is looking
to hire an experienced and result-driven Chief Operations Officer to join its team.
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Work Mode: Onsite
The Chief Operations Officer will lead, oversee, and manage the Corporate and Marketing
Communication, Risk Management, Liability, and Treasury Management and Operations of the
company and ensure compliance with group standards of best practice such that a stable technology
and operating platform is always available. The Chief Operations Officer will ensure that the highest
standards of service delivery are maintained and that changing customer, and business needs and
requirements are recognized and adapted to on a timely basis.
- To assist the MD and the Board in the design and development of the Company’s strategy
- To be jointly responsible with the MD for the QUARTERLY & ANNUAL achievement of the
Company’s annual budget (Profitability, Liquidity and Cost Management) as well as a
successful implementation of strategic plan as determined by the board
- To drive the achievement of an NPL of below 1% in line with the approved company credit
- To be jointly responsible with the MD and the Board for the sourcing of financing for the
company’s business operations and growth
- To ensure that expenditures (COST) of the Company are within the authorized annual budget
of the Company and comply with the expenditure policy approved by the board.
- Oversee some marketing activities/functions while maintaining a unified corporate image.
- Continually monitor market practices of competition and report findings with suggestions to
management as deemed appropriate.
- Assist in developing new loan products to cross-sell to our clients.
- Implement the Customer Experience standards, practices and systems of the company.
- Act as a project champion by providing direction and guidance on the roll-out of new products
and system functionality.
- Drive a positive, team-orientated culture where constructive feedback is encouraged,
calculated risks are taken and where trust and leadership is fostered
- Ensure staff are well equipped, have the necessary training and skills and are well developed
as competent organizational leaders.
- Engender a work environment that staff are adequately engaged and highly motivated to
deliver on exceptional performance.
- To ensure full compliance with company/ corporate governance code of conduct
- To ensure full compliance with statutory and regulatory authority policies for the company
- Develop a clearly defined and compelling digital banking strategy for the company for cards,
payments, transfers, savings, wallet, loans, etc.
- Ensure that all relevant digital initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning
process for leadership commitment, resource allocation and execution.
- Work with teams across the business to generate innovative digital solutions for products,
services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models.
- Own and centrally monitor the digital innovation project portfolio.
- Own and centrally monitor the mobile and web application.
- Own the product direction for Fast Credit
- Build the product team
- Establishing the products and processes.
- Build, manage and continue to grow an internal and external digital innovation ecosystem.
- Identify new tools – AI, digital, CRM – that can support, enhance and improve our solutions.
- Work closely with Management to attract and retain top talent, and to build digital capabilities
across the company.
- Measure ROI on digital projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we’re investing
in the right tools and resources.
- B.SC, M.Sc./MBA
- Professional Certifications from reputable institutions
- 10 years of experience in a similar role/ Senior Management level
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Digital Financial Sector
- Ability to manage expectations of the business and its stakeholders.
- A proven organizer, motivator, developer of people and committed to maximizing people’s
- Compelling technological background: product ownership / delivery
- Proven Commercial aptitude within Digital, Fintech/ Financial organizations.
- Adept at working cross-functionally, thinking strategically, and providing practical guidance.
- Excellent project owner, problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, an analytical mindset and attention to detail
- A persuasive communicator and speaker
- Comfortable leading / managing teams to tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm under
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Strong competence in usage of Microsoft suite
- Good conflict management skills
- Ability to motivate and be a point of influence.
- Strong negotiation skills
- High professional integrity and honesty
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
using the Job Title (Chief Operating Officer) as the subject of your application or click here to apply