PIVOTAGE CONSULTING – Our Client, a reputable and diversified engineering firm, specialized in Architectural Designs, Civil Construction, Structural Construction, Power Engineering Services, Water Resources Procurement, Flood and Erosion Control is looking to hire an experienced and result-driven Business Development Manager to join its team.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Business Development Manager.
Location: Lekki, Lagos.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing, leading and managing all business development activities of the company and ensure the achievement of budgeted revenues, EBITDA and profitability within the agreed timelines
You will also be responsible for maintaining a robust customer network for business sustainability.
- Develop new business(es) with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
- Support to develop and effectively implement core business strategies of the company and tap into new opportunities in current and potential markets
- Sensitize Key Account Officers on new business opportunities within assigned business sectors as well as implement competitive strategies to grow the business and leverage on market data to drive company growth and profitability.
- Solve customer needs and concerns through efficient product/service delivery mechanisms
- Accurately understand business needs and expectations, opportunities and threats for the company and share these insights with the Head of Department.
- Assist to prepare annual business plans with periodic updates as requested by Management
- Ensure weekly, monthly and yearly budget achievement in all parameters including Revenue, EBITDA and Net Profit Margin.
- Manage customers’ relationships and ensure customers’ satisfaction as well as implement marketing strategies for new and existing products/services
- Facilitate product positioning to produce the highest possible long-term market share
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all categories of products and service offerings
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends to properly analyse and offer value-driven solutions to clients
- Assist in conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Monitor performance of Key Account Officers using key metrics and prepare reports for HOD
- Responsible for direct interface/communication with the customer.
- Interpret market trends, adapting to industry changes and streamlining lead generation processes that will enable Key Account Officers chase leads swiftly.
- Assist in ensuring that the department follows industry best practice.
- Negotiate contracts and provide support in closing agreements to maximize profits
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly business initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in closing challenging client requests or escalations, as needed
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the HOD from time to time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Possess 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role/industry
- Professional Bodies Certification or an MBA will be added an advantage
- In-depth understanding of market and research
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing role
- Customer centric and commercially astute
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Business Development Manager as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).