PIVOTAGE CONSULTING– Our Client, a reputable tech-based Microfinance Bank, with focus on providing financial access to everyone by empowering individuals with access to credit and seamless payments solutions for effective financial management in an emerging market is looking to hire an experienced and result driven Credit Analyst to join its team.
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5-7 years’ work experience
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Credit Analyst will assess the creditworthiness of individuals and businesses, particularly for more complex and sophisticated transactions, to determine the risk involved in lending money or extending credit.
- Analyze credit data and financial statements of individuals or businesses to identify the degree of risk involved in lending money or extending credit.
- For individuals: Responsible for performing research to verify employment and income, inspects reports from credit reporting agencies, and review credit scores.
- For businesses: Responsible for comparing the business to similar businesses in terms of liquidity, profitability, and credit histories.
- Evaluate customers’ financial status and produce financial ratios.
- Compile information and compose reports detailing the degree of risk involved in the loan or credit request; recommends approval or denial based on results.
- Set interest rates and minimum or maximum terms of repayment for customers based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Determine the expected profitability of loans by analyzing a business’s financial data including quality of management, income growth, and market shares.
- Keep company credit exposure within set risk bearing limits.
- Identify delinquent accounts through the review of individual or commercial customer files.
- Complete ratios, trend and cash flows analysis and create projections.
- Deliver a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner.
- Carefully analyze data and produce clear and objective reports.
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance.
- Adhere to credit policy and guidelines.
- Monitor corporate portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis.
- Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics required.
- 5- 7 years of related experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Credit Analyst as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
12th November 2021