Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a mid-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role to interested persons.
Our client, the world’s largest off-grid solar energy company with presence in Africa and Asia and with products that serves an estimated 53million people across 35 countries is seeking to appoint a seasoned Product Analyst.
Reporting to the Global Product Analyst, you will:
Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes. This includes product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and support product launches. You will also produce reports and make recommendations to the Global Product Manager to be used as guidance in decision making.
New Product Identification
- Own the Product Ideation Framework and track the offer road-map evolution according to the Product Ideation Process.
- Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate Go-To-Market (GTM) plans
- Conduct secondary market research, analyze market data, identify consumer behaviors and trends, make recommendations, and provide launch strategies.
- Create product strategy documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, target markets, impact, revenue, and ROI.
- Identify competitors, gather information, and analyze the competition’s strengths and weaknesses. Document organization’s competitive advantage and generate reports and presentations on the findings.
New Product Pilots
- Formulate ways for which to package and market products in such a way that they become differentiated, compelling, easy to sell, and easy to buy.
- Monitor pilot project performance and present the findings to key internal stakeholders.
- Identify product regulatory standards / technical requirements and ensure compliance. Ensures that third parties comply and are familiar with all business processes and policies.
- Support the execution of product pilots as needed by Product Managers.
New Product Introduction
- Support Marketing and the Training Department with technical documentation and market data.
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests and enquiries for product information or changes. Assess the need for any requested changes as well as their potential l impact.
- Support customized branding requirements from key partnerships.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Graduate of four (4) year course preferably Business, engineering, or any related field.
- Have knowledge of business operations and process operations.
- Minimum of 2 years previous product analysis or market research experience within the Energy, Fintech or Oil & Gas sector.
- Open to travel at least 10% of the time.
- Have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), Google Workspace (Forms, Sheets, Docs, Slides), MS Power BI and/or Tableau.
- Exhibit critical thinking skills: Strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations.
- Display excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to handle challenges at a rapidly growing organization. You can communicate product decisions in the lens of multiple stakeholders
- Have excellent time management skills.
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and a highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
Using the role Product Analyst as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).