Senior Operations Manager
Pivotage Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a top-level management position in a reputable client organization. This brief provides limited information about the role of interested persons.
Our client, the world’s largest off-grid solar energy company with a presence in Africa and Asia and with products that serves an estimated 53million people across 35 countries is seeking to appoint a seasoned Senior Operations Manager.
Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a highly effective team within the company’s fastest growing markets in the West African region, while developing efficient and scalable systems to meet our customer needs.
- Overseeing a team responsible for supply chain, last mile distribution, import, export, transportation and reverse logistics of innovative products focused on powering access to brighter lives.
In your capacity to manage the business, you will:
- Lead the development and continuous improvement within the operations teams and provide guidance for team members’ careers.
- Meet KPI goals aligned with the short- and long-term goals of the business by enhancing delivery times, optimizing operational costs, and response.
- Monitor and manage the inventory needs of our West African entities. Coordinate with sales and manufacturing departments to meet business needs and timelines.
- Design and implement efficient processes for the last mile distribution. Oversee the process of product removals, completeness of reverse logistics kits.
- Coordinate with technology teams to ensure company systems including applications meet operational needs.
- Closely monitor any changes in tax/ duty within the region and escalate any changes.
- Liaise with customers’ operations teams to ensure delivery needs are met on time.
- Lead an efficient and effective procurement department.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain and logistics, fintech, import & export, or renewable energy space and have demonstrated previous management experience across West Africa.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Experience in managing a team at the country level. Last-mile distribution experience preferred
- Highly analytical with a high degree of competency in ERP, Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, and Tableau). Knowledge of SAP S4 HANA is desirable.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation concerning the region.
- Knowledge of import/export, transport routes, warehousing and distribution network
- Experience in business planning, procurement, warehouse, retail management, and fleet management. Local Assembly experience is a plus
- Open to travel 30% of the time.
For the Right Candidate
This position, which is to be filled immediately, offers excellent career opportunities and highly competitive remuneration to the right candidate.
To Express an Interest
If you think this opportunity could be right for you, please contact the undersigned for a private discussion.
Mr. Ayodele Ayodele Jnr. Ms. Ruth Aluko
+234 901 122 1364 +234 909 999 6734