Our Client, a leading financial services provider with a prime desire to promote trailblazing Financial & Investment solutions to customers in different sectors of the Nigerian economy. Specialized in creating opportunities for all to save accumulated capital and build sustainable wealth, while offering strategic investment solutions to its stakeholders is looking to engage a Team Lead, Finance/Accounts.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Team Lead, Finance/Accounts
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria.
As Team Lead Finance/Accounts, your responsibilities include budgeting, managing tax payments and performing internal audits. You will act as a consultant for senior managers, conducting cost and revenues analyses. Ultimately, you will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the law and support our company’s investments.
- To ensure timely preparation of financial information which provides a complete and accurate picture of the Company’s financial position
- To co-ordinate the analysis and synthesis of the Company’s financial and non-financial information which provides a basis for sound business decisions by executive management
- To protect the Company’s interest by ensuring that relevant statutory and regulatory reports/returns regarding her financial affairs are generated on a timely basis.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting records by performing daily reconciliations
- Ensure timely reporting of Financial/management accounts of all the entities
- Execution of month end procedures and process
- Implementation of the accounting software for all reporting entities
- Engages all stakeholders in the preparation of Company’s budgeting and budgetary control document to achieve the agreed corporate objectives
- Monitors the implementation of budgetary mechanisms to proactively identify and manage budget/ performance variances by the business sectors
- Tracks and report on the implementation of robust cost management strategies to monitor and control cost for the asset management business
- Provide financial guidance to Management in the day-to-day running of the business
- Periodically review key Financial activity and performance reports and makes recommendations to Management for appropriate
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax
- Supervise the asset management finance team to ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities
- Researches on future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activitiesmay change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; ACA or CFA a plus
- 5 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access,
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role title Team Lead, Finance/Accounts as the subject of your application, kindly send your CVonly to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
16th September, 2022