Our Client, a reputable tech-based Microfinance Bank, with focus
on providing financial access to everyone by empowering individuals with access to credit and
seamless payments solutions for effective financial management in an emerging market is looking to
hire an experienced and result driven Head, Corporate Finance to join its team.
Job Title: Head, Corporate Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Work Mode: Onsite
The candidate will be responsible for the planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related
activities of the financial unit of the company.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, taxation, finance, budgeting, project cost analysis and
evaluation, investor relationships as well as banking and treasury management.
He/ She will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Contribute to the formation of the Business Strategy and ensure that all financial policies, procedures,
and systems are sound.
- Oversee the preparation of Annual Operating Plan, Business Financial Plan and Analytics under the
supervision of the CFO
- Ensure adequate measures are factored in to achieve business objectives using appropriate forecasting
- Provide financial direction, planning and accounting to the business, covering short term and longterm financial goals.
- Ensure optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Negotiate/ arrange external finance, when necessary.
- Review working capital/ cash flow requirement on a regular basis
- Monitor banking activities for the Company for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of
all banking transactions.
- Develop plans, budgets, forecasts, and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting
requirements, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Present operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions;
minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing
- Coordinate financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance
and performance analysis
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinate regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manage relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e., NCC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Review and manage the Financial Risks undertaken by the business and demonstrates a good
understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues and mitigating all
- Ensure adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions and
safeguard financial assets.
- Possess versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Company.
- Oversee activities of employees and teams (i.e., hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates,
- Work in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities and
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a Second class Upper grade
- MSc in any Finance related course or an MBA
- Minimum of 7 years of Cognate finance experience out of which 2 must be in Senior Financial
Management Capacity spanning Corporate and Business planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury
management and accounting in recognized Financial institution
- Member of a recognised professional body such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA,
- Knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Proficiency in the use of various financial reporting software
- Excellent Analytical skills with ability to quickly assimilate and synthesize complex data and
information into a fact-based decision-making framework
- Sound Commercial awareness
- Strong appetite for Innovation and Technology
- Strong Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Strong Communication and presentation skills
- Practical knowledge of office productivity tools (MS Office)
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people, at all levels, with different
functional skills, cultures, and personalities.
- A proven organizer, motivator, developer of people and committed to maximizing people’s potential
- High professional integrity and honesty
- Good project management skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role HEAD, CORPORATE FINANCE as the subject of your application, kindly send
your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format
only) or click here to apply
Leave a comment